Sunday, 24 February 2013

we are godzilla, you are japan..

DSC09199
I've finally finished the dinosaur I'd started and as I'm still well within February, I'm counting him towards my 12 in 12 challenge for this month. Although my friend has told me she thought it looked like Godzilla, I think it turned out rather well.

I'm also quite pleased with the fact that he cost next to nothing. I used scraps for the body and felt scraps for the mouth and eyes. I'd planned to purchase some stuffing, but struggled to find any in the fabric shop in town, but my friend suggested I buy a cushion inner, which was more than enough stuffing to fill him. It cost £2, was huge, and there is more than half of the stuffing left, so that's a great tip I'd never have thought of myself - thanks, Lauren!

He's now on his way to a lovely little boy who's having a birthday rather soon, so I hope he makes it there ok.                

p.s. I should mention that I purchased the cushion inner prior to Lent and therefore the spending ban!

7 comments:

  1. He's lovely!! :) I'm sure a little boy would be very pleased with him! And surely if its a present the cushion inner wouldn't count with regards to Lent spending?
    This is going to sound slightly weird but whenever I get my pup a cuddly you all he does is pull all the stuffing out - he never bothers with it so I just collect it up (it's clean honest!) stuffing is so expensive it seems a waste lol

    Jenn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute, well done you!

    Xo Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he is lovely, what a fab present!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fantastic. What a cute little dinosaur.

    I would love to make something like this for my little cousin!

    Hope you are well, take care love :) xx

    ReplyDelete