Wednesday, 6 February 2013

talking to me as if you knew me..

DSC09116
dress: therapy@house of fraser
DSC09119
court shoes : irregular choice
DSC09114
tights: new look
DSC09115
bird print cardigan: peacocks
Yesterday evening I have to admit I had a bit of an emotional meltdown. I got home, emptied my gym kit into the wash and opened the post whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. All normal so far. But then I sat down and just ended up in tears. I still have no idea why, other than the fact that I've been feeling tired, run-down and exhausted for the past week or so anyway, and then suffered from lack of sleep even more so the past few nights with tooth pain after the root canal and then one of those huge arguments which lasts all night. So I guess for the past few days, I haven't exactly been feeling well-rested.

After what seemed like an age of that horrid, shaky crying, I decided to forget the to-do list for the evening and just try to get some sleep. I managed a few hours and feel a little better today, although still a little wooly-headed.

I couldn't really think of anything much I wanted to wear this morning, so I grabbed one of my most favourite pairs of shoes and went from there. These ICs have been worn so often now that they are almost getting to be too big for me; I must have stretched them due to over-wear. They're still going strong, though. 

I threw them together with a floral dress from the House of Fraser sale, a pair of dark green crochet tights and a cardigan with little green birds embroidered on it.

I've only managed to get one thing up in the blog sale so far, but there will be more to follow soon.

12 comments:

  1. I think it's that time of year when 'the glums' takes over. Niggles feel like mountains and you're just left felling bleurgh!
    Hope you feel a bit more perky soon.
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes, can see why they're a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those tights, I have some similar red ones that I've had a trouble styling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous and so are those shoes. I really hope you're okay Char, emotion is tough and it sounds like lots of things have been building up around you. Stress is such a horrible thing, and I really hope you feel more like you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry you were upset and things going on. I do think the weather has a lot to answer for! I burst into tears on Monday night after speaking to my fiance on the phone because he'd spent loads of money in Staples on stationery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely Hun, sorry to hear about your meltdown, it happens to all of us and I'm sure you'll feel better for letting the emotion out.

    I've left you an award on my blog too :)

    Xo Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Char, I hope you are getting enough rest. It's no fun being run down. hugs to you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Kezzie, I think the weather or lack of daylight has made us all feel weird this winter. I know a lot of people (including myself) have been struggling. I've kinda been the opposite and been lacking emotion, then the other week I bumped into a friend from schools Mum, she was asking how I was doing and was so sympathetic and she went to rub my back (in sympathy not a creepy way!) and I nearly lost it! I could just feel the tears coming and was in a crowded room with my Mum and Dad watching me, so had to pull it together! I've been feeling much more positive (mentally) over the past week, now that the nights are getting lighter and we're getting some sunshine during the day. I've been feeling like shit though, been waking with a headache every day for 5 days and a sore neck, plus I've got constant stress over my gums which are apparently going to require surgery, I just don't feel 'right' just now! Hope you start to feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really hope you feel better soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you had a bit of an emotional meltdown, i know how horrible they can be as i'm prone to having them myself. I hope you feel a bit better soon lovely. On the plus side, you look gorge in this outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that you have been struggling, I'm always here if you want a chat! <3

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a really bad night on Friday... It's hard to pinpoint why sometimes, isn't it? I think things can build up almost without you realising. Glad the sleep helped a bit. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete