Monday, 11 February 2013

dear little orange blossom..

DSC09138
dress, cardigan, headband: h&m
DSC09140
shoes : topshop
DSC09137
A first for me last night; a trip to the opera. I'd never been before but was intrigued when I saw the adverts for it back when I went to watch the ballet last year. We saw Madam Butterfly, which was lovely.

I decided on these boots, which I think I last wore when I went to the theatre, weirdly enough. I found this dress, one of my favourites from years ago, but I can't remember the last time I wore it, so I decided to give it an outing,along with one of my favourite cardigans as well. I think they go quite nicely with the boots as well (I'd been considering a pair of flat shoes instead, due to the snow, but I'm glad I didn't!)

This morning I'm trying to make sure I don't do anything to make my cracked tooth worse before going back to the dentist on Saturday, as well as trying to organise allotment insurance renewals and finish off about a million and one things I need to get sorted for guides and rangers meetings this week - how can I fit some more time in to the day?

12 comments:

  1. this is such a stunning outfit!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Char! I love that cardigan and the dress is so special, perfect for a dressy event like an opera. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt on this is amazing, such a gorgeous colour!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Char you look amazing. I really like your hair up like that with the headband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks soo pretty, I love it! I'd love to go to the opera, just to see what it's like! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, can we see a close up of the hair please? It looks all Regency!!!! Lovely dress and beautiful for the opera! Did you cry? I love 'One fine day'- such a beautiful song! Madame Butterfly was my very second paid gig, playing in the pit orchestra for it and I adored it!!!
    Sorry about your tooth- eeeeek!!!x
    Oh and when are you in London? It'd be cool if we could meet up and say Hi!!!?x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous. I love the way you've styled your hair.
    Tell me about it, I am so busy this week I just want to hide in a ball

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that length of dress with the boots, it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning outfit! How fabulous to be able to wear it to the opera =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hun, you look beautiful... another slamdunker of an outfit.
    i hope you had a fabulous night to match :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, the dress looks amazing! I don't know how you fit everything in to your days. Do you secretly have superpowers? xx

    ReplyDelete