Thursday, 17 January 2013

wish it was sunday..

DSC09017
skirt: primark
DSC09018
blazer: george@asda
DSC09020
shoe boots: topshop
DSC09022
blouse: miso @ republic
Just another crazy day and sub-standard outfit post. I was so convinced I would be pleased with this outfit when I put it together, but now I'm not so sure.

Think today has hopefully been the busiest day this week. I started out by taking off the windscreen cover from my car (my nana got me this for Christmas, and I've actually found it really useful, despite initially thinking I'd never use it - saves valuable swimming minutes of defrosting in the mornings) and shaking off the snow. We only had a little smattering and it's all gone again now.

I swam, then popped into the old office to pick up my diary, which I'd forgotten last night in my usual rush to get everything done. Then headed back into town for the dentist, only to be told that they couldn't do everything they'd hoped to today as their x-ray machine is awaiting repair, so could I come back to finish the work next weekend. Ugh. Back to work I went, with a numb mouth on one side and the two fillings which have been painful for months making it impossible to eat my lunch on either side. I definitely won't meet my calorie goal today!

Then a morning of work to be fitted in to a slightly shorter morning, a bank run at lunch with paying in books for the allotments, guides, rangers, work and myself - eek, and back to work again after stopping to pick up some paper for our photocopier, which is on it's last legs. I need to order a new one, although I'm worried I don't know a thing about them.

After work, I'm off to spinning class, before meeting up with a guiding lady to get another of my Queen's Guide award sections signed off. It's looking manageable now, which is good as I'm running out of months.

I'm pretty sure there is something I'm forgetting, but I seem to feel like that a lot lately.

14 comments:

  1. I like it, it looks really cute - especially the skirt and blazer combo :)

    Also, I'm running an American Apparel / Urban Outfitters / Forever 21 / Topshop giveaway on my blog if you're interested xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really make me want to live in pencil skirts and blouses x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! That skirt is ace :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt!

    Xo Amie
    Www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this outfit, definitely not a sub standard outfit post!! Sounds like you are super busy at the moment, remember to stop and take some time out for you if you can.

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  6. You busy bee! Love that pencil skirt, is it recent? I need a few new ones for work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw no, that dentist situation stinks :( thats too bad you went all the way there and they couldnt even help you! and i quite like this outfit, especially the pattern mixing! i just think you're being hard on yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Augh, hope your teeth feel better today, I hate going to the dentist :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. you must be exhausted!
    I love your skirt x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a busy day! I don't know how you do it. Love the print on your skirt, I wish I had your ability to work a pencil skirt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds very hectic, don't envy the dentist bother. I've been back and forth to the dental hospital for months now and while they are all very nice and I'm getting used to the procedures/pain, plus it's free, it's costing a fortune in taxi fares though (over £100 already as I can't walk the distance from the bus) and then I console myself in the Debenhams beauty dept. after every visit which is another fortune! Love the print on that blouse : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how you have any time for blogging in amongst all this!
    I love your blouse in this post, and I'm getting a bit polka dot obessessed right now! I'm always a bit nervous about clashing prints, yet you manage to pull them off everytime!

    Jenni x

    bowsbanglesandbakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this outfit is great :)

    ReplyDelete