Thursday, 3 January 2013

if you want me to stay, i'll be around today..

DSC08976
tights, boots: primark
DSC08975
shorts: forever 21 // jumper: romwe
DSC08978
heart neacklace: topshop
This jumper, which I'd finally decided upon as the nearest I was going to get to festive knitwear, arrived just before Xmas, which was good going really. It was the first thing I'd ordered from Romwe and I'd been a bit concerned because it only came in "one size", that it wasn't going to be big enough for me. I shouldn't have worrieed though, it drowns me like an 80s sweatshirt.

It's plenty cosy and I threw in on with my newest pair of (p)leather shorts, picked up from F21 on my pre-xmas trip to Birmingham, to go for TV and a takeaway at a friend's house. She subjected me to the Strictly final, which I sort of enjoyed - despite being at a major disadvantage having never ever seen the show before and not knowing who most of the "celebs" were on it. Celeb knowledge is not my forte.

Since thinking about my resolutions, I spent yesterday evening ironing fabric, and pinning and cutting out pieces for a new dress, which will be this month's make. I am also setting up a new page on the blog to keep track of my 52 in 52 challenge. At least that way I'll be able to keep count, as well as remembering what I read. Anyone else joining in?

Finally, thank you to everyone who signed up and took part in Secret Santa this year - we had 42 sign up, and 41 parcels sent, which is not bad going, I'd say, although I'm a bit miffed that someone signed up and then went totally incommunicando..Their recipient won't miss out, but the parcel will be a little late as I'm sending something out this week. I hope everyone else received something lovely, and if you've done a post about it, please let me know in the comments so I can see- it's lovely when a plan comes together.

Back to spinning tonight, and I can hardly wait - wonder if that makes me a bit mad. Other than that, I managed to crack my usual pb at swimming, have been trying to arrange new phone lines, as well as shopping for sheds -  not a bad day all in all.

16 comments:

  1. This jumper is fabulous, looks like you'd be able to get away with wearing it all year too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! Striclt will be one of my concessions to crap TV this year for sure. I bloody love it! Back to spinning next week for me - so afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit, love the print.

    ~Blythe
    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blog :)x

    www.prettyquirkyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the most awesome Christmas jumper I have ever seen!
    Can't wait to see your dress, it's agggggges since I made anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame about that one bad egg!

    I couldn't be more thrilled with mine tho!
    I wrote about it here:
    http://www.the-totality.com/2012/12/secret-santa.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that jumper so much! Your resolutions sound similar to mine - I'm aiming for a garment a month (eep!) and 25 books over the year - one book a fortnight will be a push for me! Good luck with them! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this jumper, it looks so cosy!

    Happy new year :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! I missed your secret Santa this year, but the last one I did was great. I have the same problem with my swap - sadly there has always been at least one person who's disappeared entirely, or accepted a swap and not sent anything in return. I do make a note of names and they're on a blacklist from then on!

    I'm trying for 85 books this year, including 12 classics and 10 books of poetry. I aimed for 100 last year, and managed 102, but I've got to admit a fair number were complete trash! Are you on Goodreads?
    x

    New Year's Resolutions of the Stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not on Goodreads, is it worth signing up?

      Delete
  10. Can't even describe how much I love that jumper! Secret Santa was great, thank you for organising us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this jumper, just discovered your blog and followed, although I feel your gonna bed bad for me! I'm spose to be saving for a trip all year round not looking at gorgeous clothes haha!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. secret santa was great fun cheers! I wrote a little bit in my post below & as coincidence would have it my gift was from the lovely lady in the comment above! can't wait for the next one! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. didn't add the link sorry!
    http://ktpland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/whos-lucky-girl-then.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg I love that jumper it looks so vintage! I've never ordered from Romwe but I love literally everything on there,


    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete