Tuesday, 11 December 2012

send me away with the words of a love song..

Picture 001
red or dead 'addy' tights
Picture 012
tights: tightsplease*
Picture 010
brocade skirt: forever 21
IMG_1964[1]
zebra ring: new look // jumper, necklaces: primark
Picture 004
shoes: faith
I mentioned that I'd recently tried to broaden my horizons when it came to where I shop for tights. I always worry there's little point in spending a lot on tights when I don't seem to be able to get more than a few wears from a pair. I do seem to have a knack when it comes to attracting ladders and runs.

But I'd been impressed with the leaf print tights I ordered recently from Tightsplease, so when they asked me if I wouldn't mind reviewing one of their other pairs I was more than happy to. They sent me these Red or Dead "Addy" tights, which I wore today and definitely like so far.

I do like printed / patterned tights, but I'm not a fan of those "barely black" ones with patterns on. I was therefore pleased when these were a nice thick opaque black, with a double seam in grey running up the back. They're nice and thick, which I was grateful for when I went outside to find it was -7C when I left for work. They feel as though they'll last nicely for a while.

I didn't seem to have any problems with the seams not staying in place, which is something of a bugbear with some seamed stockings and tights I've worn in the past; the nice effect is ruined somewhat if your seam is running around your leg.

As for the rest of the outfit, I picked up this skirt from Forever 21 when I was in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago, mainly because it's rather similar to one I used to love to wear around the Christmas season. I love brocade fabrics, as there seems to be something a little luxurious about them. These brocade heels from Faith (years ago) are an old favourite, but still going strong.

Due to the temperature, I threw on a jumper (picked up in a couple of colours from Primark - again in Bham) and my floor-length faux fur coat before leaving the house. Probably could have done with a scarf as well!                

5 comments:

  1. Good call on the Brocade! Like you, I'm loathe to spend a lot on tights when they inevitable end up bobbly and faded so quickly. But maybe that's because I'm buying cheap tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! Your tights are really cool :) And your blog is really cute!

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.com/
    xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tights are gorgeous :) the detailing on the back is really subtle but very eye-catching if that makes any sense at all! I'm also a fan of opaques, and in this freezing weather they are definitely needed! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely. I genuinely love those tights. I can't get enough of seamed stockings but definitely know what you mean about the seams taking a wee dander round your legs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tights!! And Primark jumpers are amazing <3

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete