Monday, 31 December 2012

it's the end of the world as we know it..

DSC08952
dress: vintage laura ashley
DSC08953
zebra cardigan: dorothy perkins
DSC08951
I'm still thinking about my resolutions for the year. Some of last year's were a success, whilst others fell by the wayside a little, and I don't want to just use the same list again, tempting though that may be.

 Today's outfit post was hastily thrown together before a trip to a nearby antiques centre. I love that possibility that you may find something wonderful in amongst all of the hideous figurines and battered old chairs. It's a bit like searching for buried treasure. I didn't come home with anything, though.

This dress is a Laura Ashley one, bought from a vintage shop, although I'm not really sure how old it actually is. The zebra print cardigan was something I'd seen in Dorothy Perkins but missed out on, and ended up having to track down on ebay.

Hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve. I have no plans myself, which I'm really rather glad about. My first hope for 2013 is that life will be a little less crazy busy. We shall see.

9 comments:

  1. Wishing you nothing but the best for 2013 sweetheart x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much using the same list of resolutions, I think it makes you realise how well you've done when you adapt them to fit now. Happy new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so pretty! i love it. happy new year char xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year - I hope that 2013 is wonderful for you.
    I am the same with resolutions, some I know will be ones I made last year (& the year before . . . & so on), so I know will be new ones, new hopes interlaced within them.
    I have plans but strangely wish I didn't, hoping to feel more 'party' based later though. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress, perfect colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love spending the day at an antique centre! Looking absolutely lovely in that vintage dress Char!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Char you look gorgeous - love that cardie! Wishing you a very happy 2013! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to wish you a happy and healthy New Year! Hope you are well.

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the print on your dress. Hope 2013 is a great year for you xx

    ReplyDelete