Saturday, 1 December 2012

i belong with you, you belong with me..

DSC08910
top: h+m
DSC08907
pencil skirt: new look
DSC08911
tartan heels: office
DSC08908

I don't very often say this, but I'm glad it's the weekend. I haven't seemed to have a moment to catch up with anything this week, or get any of the things done I'd meant to. I have plenty of Xmas shopping to get started with this weekend; I'm off to Birmingham today to hopefully find some amazing gifts, before meeting up with some lovely blogging ladies for a wander around the Xmas markets. If that doesn't get me feeling just a little bit festive, I'm not sure what will!

This skirt was something I picked up by chance whilst in New Look, as I had to try something on and couldn't really see anything which took my fancy. I was pleasantly surprised and think it was £7 in the sale. I really like the leather waistband detail, which I figured would match quite nicely with these Office heels, picked up recently from ebay. I knew they'd be winners as I have these "Interbow" style in a few different colours already.

I can't seem to get enough of tartan recently, and was reminded this week of my favourite Xmas-eve dress, a tartan affair with a bow at the front, which I need to dig out of wherever it may be hiding and take it in on the sewing machine so I can wear it for Xmas eve, so as not to break with tradition and all.. (see here for xmas 2009 and xmas 2010's wears!)
Anyone else remember things they haven't seen for a while and then *have* to find them!?

10 comments:

  1. Yayy! You finally have the following button! :D

    Sometimes I remember something I used to wear and start thinking about where it is now and sometimes I go dig up some boxes where I've stored some clothes..like just recently I went to get a box of jeans and ohter pants from storage room and there's loads of things I can fit again! :D

    ~ Frillycakes ♥ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those office shoes, they're fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tartan shoes are gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shoes, I am crying out for heels! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this skirt although I didn't get in it in the sale :( But it was certainly a bargain for £7! It looks gorgeous on you!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, I love the skirt! Tartan always reminds me of one of the best times of my life so far! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeh, I am with you on the whole trying to find something! Several things have gone completely awol from my wardrobe! That top is gorgeous! I love anything to do with pocket watches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those tartan shoes, and that dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that skirt, you look gorgeous :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit and your shoes are darling!

    Txx

    http://fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete