Saturday, 24 November 2012

in your denim jeans and leather..

DSC08889
heels: primark
DSC08890
pencil skirt: matalan
DSC08891
blouse: new look
I was left with about half an hour to fill after work the other day, before I could pick up some keys, so I spent it having a quick wander around Matalan (one of the only shops which stays open past 5pm in my town - the woes of being a little-town dweller!) and when I spotted this pleather pencil skirt, I was immediately drawn to it, even over the sequin one which I'd been planning to track down.

 I tried it on and decided that I could probably (hopefully) wear it as acceptable workwear (acceptable being that I wouldn't look like a dominatrix who'd gotten lost on the way to work..!)

I couldn't wait to wear it the next day, and tried to contrast the sharp leather look with a nice floaty bird print blouse, matching my trusty  black heels to it. Do you think it works ok?

13 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a pleather skirt! Looks great with the blouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab, not dominatrix-ey at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love it! Think I might try and have to track it down when payday finally arrives! Got a fetish for leather ;)
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it really suits you Char and I agree - totally acceptable as workwear x

    ReplyDelete
  5. loooove thios skirt, you look sassy in it ;) I think it it's paired with a floaty blouse of chunky jumper it is perfect for work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it works great, you definitely don't look like a dominatrix! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the outfit so much <3
    beautiful

    xo

    http://abullettothehead.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing here Char, leather suits you, that skirt is a gem. Very sophisticated and not at all dominatrix! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it, bet it would work well with a fine knit for soft contrast too. Definitely not dominatrix, really really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favourite outfit yet! Love that you could probably get away with any material on top with that skirt! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete