Saturday, 17 November 2012

i dunno where i went wrong, but i can write a song..

DSC08839
skirt: matalan
DSC08837
t-shirt, necklace: h+m
DSC08836
blazer, heels: primark
This was a bit of a "running late, throw something together" outfit when I almost overslept on Thursday morning. I need to be more motivated in the mornings, sometimes it's a total challenge to get myself up and out of bed and en route to the swimming pool, because I am the world's greatest faffer. I'll wake up, read for a bit, mess about on twitter, check ebay, emails, blog etc before I even get up and start my daily routine. If I cut all that out, maybe it would be easier to get up -perhaps I should start leaving my phone in the living room at night.

Anyway, this skirt is great - Matalan really do make some fab pencil skirts, I've built up quite the collection over the past twelve months or so. I love the colour of this one and figured it would be the perfect thing to wear this duck print blazer with, which I picked up from Primark's sale rail when I was in Harrogate but hadn't removed the tags from until this week.

I threw what is these days one of my oldest, tattiest tshirts, wondering whether I could get away with it as workwear. This used to be one of my  best ever tees during my uni days and was almost worn to death. Crazily, I was told I looked smart in this outfit! 

Has anyone else started thinking about the dreaded Xmas shopping yet? I seem to be having a total mind-blank this year. I spent a significant amount of my day browsing the web, trying to convince myself that a certain tricky-to-buy-for man would totally wear a plum cashmere sweater. (He has since confirmed that, no, he will not, so I've had to keep looking, but luckily there is plenty of choice here..)

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing! And incredibly slim too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look so slim Char! Pencil skirts look great on you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jacket! Looking lovely :)
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete